Help with stocking Ideas..

TheJoker1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry if this isn't the right place for this type of post. But im currently dealing with two lemon Damsels that are slightly mean. And I want to add another tank mate into the tank. It is a 30 gallon tank. I would love some kind of ideas. I also am going to have a 90 Gallon tank set up soon. And would love just cool ideas for that tank. I want a awesome show fish. And some other ideas. Any help would be grand. Thank you

Brycnz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should get fish haha all fish are show fish

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd get a large blue spot or pink spot watchman and tiger pistol pair.

Oscar’s25Gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry if this isn't the right place for this type of post. But im currently dealing with two lemon Damsels that are slightly mean. And I want to add another tank mate into the tank. It is a 30 gallon tank. I would love some kind of ideas. I also am going to have a 90 Gallon tank set up soon. And would love just cool ideas for that tank. I want a awesome show fish. And some other ideas. Any help would be grand. Thank you
I think sixline wrasses are pretty cool. I have had one for a few months and he is doing great with my blue damsel. Maybe a pair of clowns would be cool, but it depends on what kind of fish you like. Wrasses can be pretty aggressive so you still have to be careful. Good luck :)

OP
OP
TheJoker1991

TheJoker1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think sixline wrasses are pretty cool. I have had one for a few months and he is doing great with my blue damsel. Maybe a pair of clowns would be cool, but it depends on what kind of fish you like. Wrasses can be pretty aggressive so you still have to be careful. Good luck :)
Thank you. I was thinking a wrasse honestly. I know it might have to be a little bigger then the damsels or just faster. But faster might be hard to find haha

OP
OP
TheJoker1991

TheJoker1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on this being a reef tank with corals and inverts, or fish only? That will heavily affect your options.
The 90 gallon is going to be a reef tank With everything that would be involved . The 30 I’d like to make it a tank with fish and inverts. Just not coral.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the damsels staying in the 30 or moving on to the reef?

I ask because as much as I like damsels, they can be hard to pair with peaceful reef inhabitants.

A dottyback might be a good tankmate for the damsels. They come in some crazy neon colors and won't get pushed around. My neon dottyback runs my 90 reef despite being the smallest fish.

For the 90 reef, flasher and fairy wrasse, anthias, dartfish and about any goby/Blenny you can think of would be a good fit and bring lots of color. I'd just be careful with dartfish and peaceful wrasse around the damsels as they may be more prone to jumping ship if harrassed than they already are (tight fitting lid a must have).

Clownfish would be a good addition, and I personally love Bangaii Cardinals under blue reef lighting.

OP
OP
TheJoker1991

TheJoker1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsels are staying in the 30 gallon tank. I love them they are awesome fish. But I don’t want them in the big reef tank. And the 30 have a lid on it. I’ll have to post pictures then.

Oscar’s25Gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I was thinking a wrasse honestly. I know it might have to be a little bigger then the damsels or just faster. But faster might be hard to find haha
No problem! Wrasses are super cool fish, and sixlines in particular are very quick and cool to watch :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back