Chrizzolla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps info from BRS website

8B5BB373-752A-466A-A7BA-A7E5BD6CC297.png
I have the 800 and the 1000, so I should use the 800 only right?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 800 and the 1000, so I should use the 800 only right?

That would appear to be the correct overflow for your set up. Keep in mind though, you will not have an emergency drain so you would have to Plumb a T fitting somewhere underneath your cabinet with a ball valve on one of the pipes to control the flow into your sump OR use only one of the pre drilled holes in your sump instead of both. Either way, install a ball valve you can get at Lowe’s to control the flow

OP
OP
C

Chrizzolla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would appear to be the correct overflow for your set up. Keep in mind though, you will not have an emergency drain so you would have to Plumb a T fitting somewhere underneath your cabinet with a ball valve on one of the pipes to control the flow into your sump OR use only one of the pre drilled holes in your sump instead of both. Either way, install a ball valve you can get at Lowe’s to control the flow
For an emergency drain I would need a second overflow right? How would it be set up so it doesn't work at the same time as the other? Or is this just possible with drilled tanks?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For an emergency drain I would need a second overflow right? How would it be set up so it doesn't work at the same time as the other? Or is this just possible with drilled tanks?

No. The 1000 series you have has an emergency overflow, per se. You’d have to remove the T fitting on it and plumb two separate pipes to your sump. The emergency overflow tube is the white one stick out the bottom of the overflow box.

OP
OP
C

Chrizzolla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. The 1000 series you have has an emergency overflow, per se. You’d have to remove the T fitting on it and plumb two separate pipes to your sump. The emergency overflow tube is the white one stick out the bottom of the overflow box.
Ok, but how would it work? And could I use the 1000 on the 75 provided I have a suitable pump for it? Or is that out of the question ? Sorry for so many questions...

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, but how would it work? And could I use the 1000 on the 75 provided I have a suitable pump for it? Or is that out of the question ? Sorry for so many questions...

Yes.
Just be sure to install a ball valve on The MAIN drain to the sump to control the flow. You want you water line in the overflow box to be BELOW that white pipe as that pipe is the emergency drain only.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Center section for pump. HOB would work and offers easy access for maintenance of unit.

OP
OP
C

Chrizzolla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
Just be sure to install a ball valve on The MAIN drain to the sump to control the flow. You want you water line in the overflow box to be BELOW that white pipe as that pipe is the emergency drain only.
So, id just have to play with the valve until the water level stays below the white pipe right?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back