Help with water bugs

gr2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
31
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I attached a video of these super tiny clear/milk color bugs that float around my tank or usually crawl onto my plants. It’s been 6 weeks since I started up this freshwater aquarium and it is now fully cycled out. I got my needle leaf Java fern from a local aquatic plant seller who guaranteed no snails but I noticed many small snails forming after I started this tank up which is ok I can just feed them to my future puffer fish.
Let me know what you guys think these little bugs are and if I can do anything to get rid of them!
Thanks
Tank: 5 gallon freshwater

CDC6904E-E0E2-4680-90D8-C06549D7F866.png
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.mov
    50.4 MB
Hi everyone I attached a video of these super tiny clear/milk color bugs that float around my tank or usually crawl onto my plants. It’s been 6 weeks since I started up this freshwater aquarium and it is now fully cycled out. I got my needle leaf Java fern from a local aquatic plant seller who guaranteed no snails but I noticed many small snails forming after I started this tank up which is ok I can just feed them to my future puffer fish.
Let me know what you guys think these little bugs are and if I can do anything to get rid of them!
Thanks
Tank: 5 gallon freshwater

CDC6904E-E0E2-4680-90D8-C06549D7F866.png
I'm guessing infusoria. No fish in the tank yet? That's great fry food.
 
I'm guessing infusoria. No fish in the tank yet? That's great fry food.
Hi yes no fish in the tank yet. So you think they’re fine to be in there? This tank is going to be for a pea puffer
 
If it's infusoria, yes. Also, you do realize this is a saltwater forum, right? :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new