Help! Yellow Long Nose going down hill

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this yellow Long nose and he just started going down hill. He did 2 weeks in CP. Then transfered to a observation tank. He received 2 doses of general cure. He started acting off after the 2nd general cure. He looked fine through out. Today day, 6 after the last general cure dose he has red spots and alot of fin rot. My ammonia badge hasn't shown any ammonia. The qt has been fully cycled. I changed 50% two days ago to remove the general cure. The chromos in the observation qt appear fine.

I suspect infection?

Please help me identify what this is so I can help the poor fish.

acd2f7fb18e59bcf1d13a12460f915f8.jpg
7bd4624823ac8c3b5d3290226abbe37f.jpg

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the anti biotics. He'll go into a nfg tank.

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Should I treat the chromis too? How long should they stay in the nfg? This is the first time I've used it.

I plan to use a hospital tank for the treatment. Or should I dose in the observation tank to erradicate the bacteria from there as well.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Should I treat the chromis too? How long should they stay in the nfg? This is the first time I've used it.

I plan to use a hospital tank for the treatment. Or should I dose in the observation tank to erradicate the bacteria from there as well.

I would typically dose the tank including all fish sharing the tank with the infected fish. As long as you are speaking of an observational bare bottom QT.

If there is Rock in the tank amongst other things the medication can be degraded. This is why it's best used in a QT.

Then I would still bleach the tank after the fish have been moved to DT.

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank they are in is the observation tank. 20l with ceramic rings for bacteria and PVC for hiding spots. It's all bare bottom. I'll dose nfg directly into that tank.

How long should I leave them in nfg for?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank they are in is the observation tank. 20l with ceramic rings for bacteria and PVC for hiding spots. It's all bare bottom. I'll dose nfg directly into that tank.

How long should I leave them in nfg for?

10-14 days.

Tank needs dosed daily and 25% WC everyday per mfg instructions.

I personally find it easier to dose daily and do 50% WCs every other day.

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed nfg and an hour later the butterfly passed. I can't win. I can't get anything through qt. I've lost 4 wrasses. And now 3 butterfly's.

I've tried ttm, CP, observation. Fully cycled tanks, daily water changes, ammonia blocker. I feed live foods and high quality frozen.

Everything dies when it is with days into the 30 day qt process. I'm just about done with qting and dumping them into the display as i think I will have better luck.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish was in bad shape.

Where are you getting fish from?

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the wrasses and 2 butterflies we're from a fish store in NYC. A local guy went down weekly. Prices were good but they didn't make it.

This guy I got off live aquaria. I got 3 chromis, a Dotty back and the Long nose.

One chromis died in CP. Looked like uronema. The other two survived. The Dotty back jumped out the one day I forgot to put the egg crate back on after feeding. This one is my fault.

Then the butterfly. I feed twice daily and the butterfly started swimming slower 2 days ago but looked fine. This morning was the first visual sign of fin damage or red.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back