Help!

elireefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I recently had an outbreak of ich in my tank. Most of my fish died. But most of them looked like this. They started off white but ended up like this. Weird to me. I still have a small hippo tang that somehow has survived and is actually thriving. Doesn’t show any signs of ich or any infection. But that is the only fish in my system. I want to eventually get more but not sure what to do now. Please advise on any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

IMG_7589.jpeg

OP
OP
E

elireefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay no problem!

Tank has been running for almost 10 years now. Recently moved to my new apartment so moved it over. Used everything exactly the same as it was.

75 gallon reef ready
1.026 sal
3 ppm NO3
.05 ppm PO4
Alk 9.4
Calc 390
Mag 1383

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I recently had an outbreak of ich in my tank. Most of my fish died. But most of them looked like this. They started off white but ended up like this. Weird to me. I still have a small hippo tang that somehow has survived and is actually thriving. Doesn’t show any signs of ich or any infection. But that is the only fish in my system. I want to eventually get more but not sure what to do now. Please advise on any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

IMG_7589.jpeg

More background information and a video of the fish in the tank would be helpful:

The spots on this tang could be scars from long term ich infection, but it could also be from flukes.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back