Help

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is super hazy and i see white stuff spewing out of my truchous snail. Isthis spawning or is my tank being nuked. Help please. Should i do a water change ?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a spawn.
How large is the tank?
Make up some water for a water change just in case you need it.
Test basic chemistry ammonia.
Post an image if able.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a spawn.
How large is the tank?
Make up some water for a water change just in case you need it.
Test basic chemistry ammonia.
Post an image if able.
Un able to get a video but i think it is a spawn it looks like this guys spawning troucus and its a 25 gallon all in one densely packed with coral im freaking out right now big time

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres before and during this incident pics to show how milky this thing is
d55e458f9af2e8941a1a572da3294a3f.jpg
3c155f4fda408536ca59daebd8780cd1.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping its a spawn, thatd be a big indicator of the quality of water im keeping and a big boost in confidence. Really hoping it is because the coral should get a big boost of energy

If it happened all at once and you didn't dose anything recently or you have a ATO with kalkwasser in it and it dumped a ton of it in all at once, then it was as you said, a snail spawn.

Test your water pramameters for reassurance.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it happened all at once and you didn't dose anything recently or you have a ATO with kalkwasser in it and it dumped a ton of it in all at once, then it was as you said, a snail spawn.
I checked my dosing resivors they are good i dont dose kalk any more. And im visualy seeing this snail spewing white streams of whatever that then disperses into a clound throughout the tank. This is by far the wildest thing ive ever seen in the hobby. Only downfall is now my 5 year old who is fascinated with the reef tank is asking what spawning is soooooo yeah should be a fun talk lol. Honestly guys i was worried this snail was posioning my tank somehow and thats why i posted here. I fraged some stuff took it to a buddy was go e for an hour and when i came back this is what i found. Honestly went into a full blown panic.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my dosing resivors they are good i dont dose kalk any more. And im visualy seeing this snail spewing white streams of whatever that then disperses into a clound throughout the tank. This is by far the wildest thing ive ever seen in the hobby. Only downfall is now my 5 year old who is fascinated with the reef tank is asking what spawning is soooooo yeah should be a fun talk lol. Honestly guys i was worried this snail was posioning my tank somehow and thats why i posted here. I fraged some stuff took it to a buddy was go e for an hour and when i came back this is what i found. Honestly went into a full blown panic.

Lol, I would too!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only downfall is now my 5 year old who is fascinated with the reef tank is asking what spawning is soooooo yeah should be a fun talk lol.

"Honey, it's how snails make more snails..."

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Honey, it's how snails make more snails..."

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

It's a "birds and the snails" talk now! Lol

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would you exspect "things to stay suspended and have my tank looking cruddy. I really dont want to do a water change tonight even though I do them every saturday. i would really like things to have a chance to be semi natural for once and give them a chance to absorb this stuff.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would you exspect "things to stay suspended and have my tank looking cruddy. I really dont want to do a water change tonight even though I do them every saturday. i would really like things to have a chance to be semi natural for once and give them a chance to absorb this stuff.

It should clear in a couple hours. If your water pramameters are good, let it do it's thing.

timnem70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPAWNNNNNN. Awesome. Very cool to see in a closed environment. Tell the child its Sperm?
No? Okay.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone thanks for the help! Everything is look great. I moved my water change back till today scrubbed the whole system tweaked the water flow and this baby is right on track. Hopefully ill have some babies running around here soon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back