Help !

Daveouthere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skunk shrimp killed my peppermint shrimp and was trying to drag it away it fell into my sleeping bubble coral my bubble coral immediately put out all of its little tentacles and from what I can see it’s sucked it in what should I do will the bubble coral eat the peppermint shrimp I do not want to put my coral in distress please help guys

OP
OP
Daveouthere

Daveouthere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it will harm my bubble coral or will my bubble coral be all right LOL I’m not worried about the shrimp he was a goner I’m just worried about the coral

benscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble coral will be fine- they are very hardy. Are you sure the shrimp is dead and hasn’t just molted? Mine leave their old exoskeletons all around my tank and it looks almost exactly like the shrimp.

OP
OP
Daveouthere

Daveouthere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble coral will be fine- they are very hardy. Are you sure the shrimp is dead and hasn’t just molted? Mine leave their old exoskeletons all around my tank and it looks almost exactly like the shrimp.
No I’m sure it was dead I seen my cleaner shrimp kill the peppermint shrimp before I could save him and when I was trying to get the peppermint shrimp out of the water it dropped onto my bubble coral and sucked it in, when I seen my tank this morning I seen some of the shrimp so I guess it at some point spot it out or something it was obviously dead and my cleaner shrimp was eating on it so I took it out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back