Help!!

Reaction score
I’ve been wrecking my brain trying to figure out the best place to permanently mount my corals. I’m running 2 AI Prime 16 HD’s at about 65% intensity using Saxby’s light schedule.

I’ve attached a photo so left to right is a
  • Leptastrea
  • Branching Hammer
  • Frogspawn
  • Graffiti War Coral
FE9F008D-F767-4F9B-A9E0-213F51D046FF.png

I did some par readings, the numbers look good, 75-130 on the sand bed and lower rock structures, 150+ higher up. What do you guys think are good spots to place them?

Top Shelf Aquatics

PTXReef

View Badges
Reaction score
I do the same as @Jeto2004 !

Place the corals in a spot where you will like them and see if they open up against the flow/lighting. I separate my tank into "sections" with montis in higher flow sections of the tank, euphyllia garden in the moderate flow areas, and more softies/mushrooms in the lower flow/lighting parts of the tank. Hope that helps and nice scape!

Happy Reefing :) !

OP
N
Reaction score
I do the same as @Jeto2004 !

Place the corals in a spot where you will like them and see if they open up against the flow/lighting. I separate my tank into "sections" with montis in higher flow sections of the tank, euphyllia garden in the moderate flow areas, and more softies/mushrooms in the lower flow/lighting parts of the tank. Hope that helps and nice scape!

Happy Reefing :) !
That helps a lot thanks!

Coral in your reef tank?

• Pack in as many as I can get

Votes: 66 14.5%
  • A lot but leave room for growth

Votes: 303 66.4%
  • Less is more

Votes: 63 13.8%
  • Very very few

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • Fish only...blah!

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!