Help!!

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wrecking my brain trying to figure out the best place to permanently mount my corals. I’m running 2 AI Prime 16 HD’s at about 65% intensity using Saxby’s light schedule.

I’ve attached a photo so left to right is a
  • Leptastrea
  • Branching Hammer
  • Frogspawn
  • Graffiti War Coral
FE9F008D-F767-4F9B-A9E0-213F51D046FF.png

I did some par readings, the numbers look good, 75-130 on the sand bed and lower rock structures, 150+ higher up. What do you guys think are good spots to place them?

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move them to the place you think is good and observe for a few days. If not opening up or to much flow you can move around. Or just choose a place and stick with it. It’s about your aesthetic too. Corals are amazingly adoptive.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same as @Jeto2004 !

Place the corals in a spot where you will like them and see if they open up against the flow/lighting. I separate my tank into "sections" with montis in higher flow sections of the tank, euphyllia garden in the moderate flow areas, and more softies/mushrooms in the lower flow/lighting parts of the tank. Hope that helps and nice scape!

Happy Reefing :) !

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep those at 200 par and lower and should be fine. I have hammers and frogspawn at 250 PAR spots and they grow great, just let them acclimate.

OP
OP
NervousReefer

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep those at 200 par and lower and should be fine. I have hammers and frogspawn at 250 PAR spots and they grow great, just let them acclimate.
The par meter I received yesterday is a really good tool, now I just have to pick a spot and stop overthinking lol. Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
NervousReefer

NervousReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same as @Jeto2004 !

Place the corals in a spot where you will like them and see if they open up against the flow/lighting. I separate my tank into "sections" with montis in higher flow sections of the tank, euphyllia garden in the moderate flow areas, and more softies/mushrooms in the lower flow/lighting parts of the tank. Hope that helps and nice scape!

Happy Reefing :) !
That helps a lot thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back