Help

Rebecca77

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
st louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these pests in my tank, can they hurt my fish? What could I add to get rid of them I currently have a clownfish, hermit crabs and turbo snails.

CE21A82E-6D03-4036-8D0B-9EAF279C8169.jpeg 812F463A-E179-4561-9110-4B7058C84DC0.png CAB5F29B-C7A5-4050-A224-5086208426A2.jpeg
 
We have a 13.5 fluval don’t want anything to kill my clownifish, turbo snails or hermit crabs which do you think would be best option? Which type of goby?
 
First, I'd say don't panic.
Common bristleworms are safe and won't hurt your fish.
Some (me included) consider them to be beneficial members of your clean-up crew.
Many just despise the way they look.

I'll leave it to the experts to comment on identifying less common varieties (like fireworm) that can be dangerous to your wildlife.
 
I see the bristleworms but is this a firework?
DA24C581-A1FD-47AD-8D46-E71F483DC694.jpeg
 
Pic is blurry but if you're specifically worried about the one up against the glass, just scoop it out now while it's "cornered" (up against the glass).

Seems like it'd be easy enough to get with a net and something to scoop out that chunk of sand.

Then you could put it in water in a small container and get a better pic.
 
Pic is blurry but if you're specifically worried about the one up against the glass, just scoop it out now while it's "cornered" (up against the glass).

Seems like it'd be easy enough to get with a net and something to scoop out that chunk of sand.

Then you could put it in water in a small container and get a better pic.
Thanks got him out and better pics
 

Attachments

  • 8B4C6244-DE73-4580-9FCF-3159C1831647.jpeg
    8B4C6244-DE73-4580-9FCF-3159C1831647.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 6D39F145-A2E2-4761-A166-BEE8B69EA1EC.jpeg
    6D39F145-A2E2-4761-A166-BEE8B69EA1EC.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 4C1FE214-A2E1-45E0-8B8E-DBC16E6CDD8D.jpeg
    4C1FE214-A2E1-45E0-8B8E-DBC16E6CDD8D.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 52

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new