Helpful Method for Identifying Dinoflagellates

So I’m dealing with a big problem in my tank with rust colored covering on the sand. Tried the filter test and my results do not seem completely aligned with expected results. The siphoned material did not completely dissolve. A lot of it was captured in the paper towel. However, it started to recolonize after about 45 minutes. The recolonization leads me to believe dino, but surprised it did not dissolve more and was captured on paper towel.
 

Attachments

  • AA475FCF-7269-46D4-BD5C-D6042ABD4084.jpeg
    AA475FCF-7269-46D4-BD5C-D6042ABD4084.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 97
  • DBAC3754-633A-422B-A446-EC813B377A8D.jpeg
    DBAC3754-633A-422B-A446-EC813B377A8D.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 82
  • 875BC74E-A606-4BA2-9986-8ECB308032D6.jpeg
    875BC74E-A606-4BA2-9986-8ECB308032D6.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 101
  • D9E7031A-8CD5-4E1F-B295-EB7D512DD6DC.jpeg
    D9E7031A-8CD5-4E1F-B295-EB7D512DD6DC.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 95
I have been vacuuming sand bed but Have emptied the water daily. How can i do this test with vacuumed through the sock. Can I just use a powerhead to shake up water or just stir it up like crazy! Mine go away at night. does that mean it the type that uv helps? Seems to have worked in other tank but scred to remove it to soon and do a water change quite yet so I need to know if I should buy another uv!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new