Helping with new tank cycling

CameronA29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible I’m looking for someone to walk me through the process of setting up and cycling a tank for the first time. I’m new to this and am LOST.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't feel lost, lots of good people here to help guide you through. You will learn a lot fast as you go. So, what size tank? Are you planning on live sand/rock? Let's start there. :)

OP
OP
C

CameronA29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel lost, lots of good people here to help guide you through. You will learn a lot fast as you go. So, what size tank? Are you planning on live sand/rock? Let's start there. :)
It’s a Red Sea 170, so 34 gallon tank and upgrade sump 18 gallons. And yes love sand and rock!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel lost, lots of good people here to help guide you through. You will learn a lot fast as you go. So, what size tank? Are you planning on live sand/rock? Let's start
If possible I’m looking for someone to walk me through the process of setting up and cycling a tank for the first time. I’m new to this and am LOST.
Hey welcome to a great hobby! I highly recommend you watching BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube. It will walk you through step by step. Any questions or clarifications can be addressed here. Best of luck!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back