Helps with heat-stricken turbos

  • Thread starter Thread starter rmurken
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rmurken

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Messages
428
Reaction score
328
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 or 5 turbos that fell off the glass and rock
and are lethargic. They lie around, operculums half open. They may attach to the glass if I put them against it, but they tend not to go anywhere

My tank recently got a little warm for a few days (low 80’s F), and I suspect that’s what’s doing it.

I’ve corrected the temp to 77° F, but no obvious improvement. Would appreciate thoughts on whether the snails will bounce back, or if they’re done for.
 
They might my tank hits 82 daily and the turbo chugs along
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new