Herbie Conversion

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RR125 with 2 overflows. The overflows have a 1" drain and a 1/2" return. I am looking to convert to Herbie since the tank is now in my office. Any suggestions, pictures or videos would be helpful. I was thinking of going with option 3 on http://gmacreef.com/herbie-dual-overflows/
but I am not sure 1 return would be enough.

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you don't have room for 4 pipes in your sump, I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't just run the double Herbie. I run it on my 180. I think trying to completely close off an overflow would look weird.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return could come over the back.

Not sure what you tank has in it or what kind of flow, but I have a modified Stockman working with no noise, but it would be the flow of the Herbie.

OP
OP
C

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been down for 11 years. When it was up it was in the basement so the noise wasn't really an issue. Its now in my office so I am having to start from scratch with the equipment. I only have water in the tank now so I am good with having to drain if need be. I am thinking of getting a new sump now that I will have to go to Herbie, since my current was a wet/dry.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dual Stockman's would work with the 1"-1.25" coupling at the base and silicone tape instead of the washer at the top so you could use a full 1.5" coupling on a 1.25" tube to use the full coupling and maximize the holes. With proper air flow at the top mine is quiet.

OP
OP
C

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dual Stockman's would work with the 1"-1.25" coupling at the base and silicone tape instead of the washer at the top so you could use a full 1.5" coupling on a 1.25" tube to use the full coupling and maximize the holes. With proper air flow at the top mine is quiet.
Can you provide a picture.

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here
Modified Stockman.jpg
is a sketch

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back