Herbtana

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
1,461
Location
Chicago Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Today I was going through a petco near me for new filters and I was just walking around to see what they have. They had herbtana which I used in the past for fw ich, but I read it and it claims that it can kill velvet. To say I was skeptical would be kind of an understatement. Has anyone tried this with success in marine aquariums as it is invert safe unlike copper, or do people use this more as preventative? This is something I'd want to test but none of my fish have velvet, so no testing for me, thankfully.
 
It may aid in management techniques, but as far as erradication it's very unlikely.
 
It may aid in management techniques, but as far as erradication it's very unlikely.
Thats what i kinda figured. Like i said this is something i wish to test but without a tank with velvet it would be hard to test out, not to mention i wouldnt want to test it on the fish i currently habe or any really good looking or expensive fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new