Here it is! Fenbendazole use against hydroids

Reef Box

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are back again as well after repeated high strength treatments.
I hope it works well for you.
Mine seem to be coming back slowly.
That really sucks :(
perhaps what i have in the tank is not killed. they get knock back and disappear after a few days in treatment, but after a month, they keep coming back. Not sure where to go from here
Suggestions?

did you have the digitate hydroids? I saw several people with colonial hydroids having a tough time. I'm hoping thats not the case with mine :mad:

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here, 4th treatment of 5 packets of amazon bought stuff in 135 gallons of water. after 2 months they come back. has anybody tried that web sight stuff "Fish nth" at fishtothenth.com. ? they seem to claim their stuff works but have not heard anything from actual users. plus it says their stuff doesn't kill snails.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I need to eradicate my tank of GSP to get it ready for acros again. I've searched the thread but can someone confirm that this treatment won't harm the acros I already have in there? Also there wasn't a clear answer for cleaner shrimp or brittle stars in the tank. I'd be getting the fish version off of Amazon. Please let me know.

Reef Box

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I need to eradicate my tank of GSP to get it ready for acros again. I've searched the thread but can someone confirm that this treatment won't harm the acros I already have in there? Also there wasn't a clear answer for cleaner shrimp or brittle stars in the tank. I'd be getting the fish version off of Amazon. Please let me know.

I dosed a week or 2 ago and my acros actually look better than they have in a long time. It did take out my pipe organ I can’t speak to the brittle star or shrimp. I have some extra I can send you if you want it, see my previous post.

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on this stuff after numerous dosing and still finding digita hydroids in my tank.

I bought a coral Banded shrimp and watched him eat all the digi’s

blitz49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fenbendazole is only temporary. Hydroids come back. I took out all my livestock and added bleach, and hydroids still came back. Next step is to teardown and start over.

|sCRIBe|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag tank and I’ve been removing plugs and scrapping these ****ers off manually. They are strong, the foot has an incredible stretchy sticky grip. Some of my zoas have super tiny baby digi hydroids on the actual zoa tissue which I can’t remove and they are irritating the zoas by making them shrink or stay closed. I’ve stopped feeding the tank anything in hopes of starving them out. Between doing that and keeping a ulns they are going away but as soon as I feed the corals once I see them return. I’m at a loss and considering using Levamisole or maybe this coral banded shrimp. I just don’t know what to do.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seemed to work at least mostly for me. I lost a gorgonian in the process but it seemed to take out the hydroids. The only problem is I was left with the tubes. I ended up taking out a large amount of rock and will try to somehow remove them and can put it back in my tank in a couple of years.

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag tank and I’ve been removing plugs and scrapping these ****ers off manually. They are strong, the foot has an incredible stretchy sticky grip. Some of my zoas have super tiny baby digi hydroids on the actual zoa tissue which I can’t remove and they are irritating the zoas by making them shrink or stay closed. I’ve stopped feeding the tank anything in hopes of starving them out. Between doing that and keeping a ulns they are going away but as soon as I feed the corals once I see them return. I’m at a loss and considering using Levamisole or maybe this coral banded shrimp. I just don’t know what to do.

Try the boxer shrimp mate I keep one in my Zoa frag tank, he not only eats digi hydroids but he will eat anything he can get his many many hands on, nudis, spiders, hydroids, gamarid anthipods, the only thing they won’t eat is vermatid snails and spinioid worms.

I don’t think going ulns is a good idea as that means you got to feed the tank to keep the corals alive. Your better off having nutrients but minimise feeding, feed your fish and lps pellets. Wrasse that stir stuff up don’t help but I think they mainly feed off the little bits of food that come from feeding frozen foods.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just found this thread but i have an issue with vermit snails. has anyone successfully eradicate vermitids from their tank using this method?

i just ordered my self a Thomas Laboratories Fish Bendazole 250mg Fenbendazole Powder (3 Packets)
based on what i read:
250mg packet @ 1.5mg per gal for whole tank treatment.

what about the super strong dip? can someone shed light on it? (maybe i skimmed through the thread too fast)

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also wondering about vermited snails as well. Does this work? Only have two fish in tank now would like to do while my new fish are going through QT.

Any updates?

HelenofTroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so coral banded shrimp will eat hydroids? what types of hydroids? i have the super thin white type that look like fine hairs.

Bonfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lucked out with a coral beauty, tubes are still left but I can clearly see he is making a huge dent. I have thousands of colonial hydroids. I have tried a sea hare, aptasia eating file fish (it worked but started to devour Corals), scarlet hermits, possum wrasse, manual removal, ulns, and peppermint shrimp. Ultimately the coral beauty is what finally did the trick.

HelenofTroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow you tried a lot of things. so your hydroids have tubes? what about the type that doesnt have tubes and are thin white hairs?

Back