Hermits and Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter kkgaskin90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kkgaskin90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2013
Messages
740
Reaction score
117
Location
Mobile, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a bad tank owner and neglected to keep up with my hermit and snail populations in my 75g. As in, there *might* be 3. So now I have what I think is an algae issue. The rocks are starting to look brown. I'll include a pic.
I do 10g water changes once a week. I'm sure I'll need a big water change... Maybe several. I do have snails and hermits arriving tomorrow so here's my question: to quarantine, or not to quarantine? All the fish (3) in the tank have been quarantined and the tank ran fallow so it's been smooth sailing ever since. I REALLY don't want to introduce a problem, but is there a better way to get the existing algae under control, assuming that's what it is?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428447627.976657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428447684.433667.jpg
 
Its kind of an on going debate if inverts need to be QT, the problem is in my opinion is that inverts are not likely to show signs of illness. I guess if they all just started dropping dead but thats about it. As for getting the algae undercontrol you can try killing your lights for a few days, running carbon and GFO and maybe set up a fuge with some macro algae in it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new