OP
OP
Josh_Melnek

Josh_Melnek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Josh. Waterbox are great tanks. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
Thank you very much. I look forward to reading and asking questions.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! Innovative Marine makes great tanks. You can't go wrong with those. As other have mentioned it's best to hold off on an anemone until your tank has matured some. This is especially true if you're new to saltwater and haven't gone through the ups and downs of getting a saltwater tank stabilised. It's a whole new learning curve compared to freshwater. My first tank is only 2-1/2 years old and I'm just starting to see stability. Best piece of advice is to go slow and be patient. Rushing things in this hobby (mea ING saltwater) never ends well if you're new. :)

OP
OP
Josh_Melnek

Josh_Melnek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! Innovative Marine makes great tanks. You can't go wrong with those. As other have mentioned it's best to hold off on an anemone until your tank has matured some. This is especially true if you're new to saltwater and haven't gone through the ups and downs of getting a saltwater tank stabilised. It's a whole new learning curve compared to freshwater. My first tank is only 2-1/2 years old and I'm just starting to see stability. Best piece of advice is to go slow and be patient. Rushing things in this hobby (mea ING saltwater) never ends well if you're new. :)
Thank you for the advise. I know water parameters are crucial.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Name is Josh Melnek. I have been out of the fish hobby for about 10 yrs freshwater planted comminity tanks and African Cichlids. Never saltwater, so I am thinking about dipping my toes into a small 40g with a pair of clowns and an anenome or 2 & a clean up crew?

Innovative Marine seems to have some nice tank kits. Any recommendations?

Hi Josh and Welcome! Glad you joined. It sounds like a good plan, but keep in mind CUC needs something to 'cleanup' and/or eat, otherwise they might die off (but maybe you plan to supplimental feed them OR you plan delay in adding them). There are so many paths forward in this hobby but clowns with an anemone are heartwarming - LOVE IT!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never too early.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back