Hey everyone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bars
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks guys :)
I'll see if I can take some nice pics later today.

I have no clue how anyone could do this on a college student’s budget. Welcome to the family! You will find all you need within. :)
Lived with my parents for the most part of college (graduating next year, moved out about 3 months ago), so that has saved me a bunch of money in addition to working a lot. Also buying stuff second hand and having a great relationship with my lfs (selling me equipment for wholesale prices) saves a bunch.

Plus I'm not shy of using part of my student loan every now and then on the aquariums. It's a very bad habit, but it makes it a lot easier to fund certain equipment.
 
Couple of pics :D
My torch is still recovering from the accidental phosphate nuke after thoroughly cleaning the sump 2 weeks ago. He's definitely looking a lot better and phosphates are nice and low again.

20191124_145545.jpg 20191124_152029.jpg 20191124_152009.jpg 20191124_151944.jpg 20191124_151930.jpg 20191124_151923.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hi!

I'm a college student and started with freshwater tanks about 12 years ago. Got a nice 35 gallon freshwater tank at the moment and started with reefkeeping a little less than a year ago. Got a great deal for a slightly larger tank with sump and since I had to move to my new apartment, I figured a small upgrade wouldn't hurt. I currently have a 50 gallon display and 20 gallon sump. Mostly lps, a couple of softies and sps. No major problems so far!

A lot of stuff is still very new to me, so I'm hoping to find many answers to my questions :D

Really Great to have you as part of the R2R Family…WELCOME….

Explore…Learn…Share

ule.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new