Hey Everyone!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys

Thought I'd take the time to write a quick introduction and thank all the fantastic contributors here for the hours of material I've read whilst setting up and preparing for my new 625L reef tank which is currently cycling and straining my marriage after my wife saw the money I've spent from the joint account :)

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the coming months and it's great to know that there is so much collective experience here willing to help!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry sticker shock caught your wife off guard. This hobby benefits from going slow, and it also has the advantage of spreading out costs. Reef setups seem to take more resources than FOWLR (fish only with live rock). I try to buy used where I can so I take less flack from my boyfriend... but it also helps that we have joint accounts so I am not spending his money.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Its never too early to start documenting!

This might help you find people local to you in London:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

OP
OP
W

wk1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’
Thanks! Have requested to join

OP
OP
W

wk1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry sticker shock caught your wife off guard. This hobby benefits from going slow, and it also has the advantage of spreading out costs. Reef setups seem to take more resources than FOWLR (fish only with live rock). I try to buy used where I can so I take less flack from my boyfriend... but it also helps that we have joint accounts so I am not spending his money.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Its never too early to start documenting!

This might help you find people local to you in London:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you! Will definitely start a build thread to help me track progress and get some feedback.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F3A1FC81-3938-4F78-B334-C9AD542694A6.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back