Hey Everyone!

Vimby210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im finally back into reefing after 15 years. All i can say is it is a completely different experience vs. then. Looking forward to some great challenges, and Relearning it all again! Yes, back in the day, I started a reef, that turned into a FOWLR tank, and yep, i did the bad deed of never quarantining, and i wiped a tank out. Lost all interest and tank set up due to total disgust. I am now in the process of not only setting up my new 75g reef tank, but a few quarantine tanks right along with it. Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice shame on me! If you read this and you dont qurantine, Please do. I have missed my salt water tanks, and yes, it does make you quit. Looking forward to reading everyones experiences, and making new ones.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im finally back into reefing after 15 years. All i can say is it is a completely different experience vs. then. Looking forward to some great challenges, and Relearning it all again! Yes, back in the day, I started a reef, that turned into a FOWLR tank, and yep, i did the bad deed of never quarantining, and i wiped a tank out. Lost all interest and tank set up due to total disgust. I am now in the process of not only setting up my new 75g reef tank, but a few quarantine tanks right along with it. Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice shame on me! If you read this and you dont qurantine, Please do. I have missed my salt water tanks, and yes, it does make you quit. Looking forward to reading everyones experiences, and making new ones.

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - and that is wonderful for this hobby and great life skill!

Coral quarantine tank is also useful, as things can get thru coral dips - and there are different types of coral dips for different pest objectives - BRS has a nice descriptive video (thougth leaves out pesticide type dips).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Casper:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Vimby210

Vimby210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability - and that is wonderful for this hobby and great life skill!

Coral quarantine tank is also useful, as things can get thru coral dips - and there are different types of coral dips for different pest objectives - BRS has a nice descriptive video (thougth leaves out pesticide type dips).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Casper:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks, I will be doing this in the near future! And BRS has some great stuff!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back