Hey GHL, How are things on the ION Director home front?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive my ignorance...
I understand the desire and need to test for Ca, Mg, and NO3.....but why test for K, and Na?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This still rings true!
You are now one nearer the front of the line... if I decide to buy in the future, any losses i suffer by losing my discount will partialy be offset by now only needing a 3 head doser instead of the 4 head I’d ordered...

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This still rings true!

If you really think there is a line that will be forming come Dec 2020 your welcome to my spot. I am most certainly pulling out of this Ion Director Fiasco.
Companies that fart GHL's annual income in a day are going down like flies due to the Covid economy and I am not going to play this game of Autumn which might then further be delayed until February. That email really rubbed me the wrong way! I am a patient guy and understand delays can happen but when your holding onto peoples money and start talking about another six month and a redesign and new beta tests, it then becomes ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really think there is a line that will be forming come Dec 2020 your welcome to my spot. I am most certainly pulling out of this Ion Director Fiasco.
Companies that fart GHL's annual income in a day are going down like flies due to the Covid economy and I am not going to play this game of Autumn which might then further be delayed until February. That email really rubbed me the wrong way! I am a patient guy and understand delays can happen but when your holding onto peoples money and start talking about another six month and a redsign and new beta tests, it then becomes ridiculous.
Ok, Bye & goodluck.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies that fart GHL's annual income in a day are going down like flies due to the Covid economy and I am not going to play this game of Autumn which might then further be delayed until February. That email really rubbed me the wrong way! I am a patient guy and understand delays can happen but when your holding onto peoples money and start talking about another six month and a redsign and new beta tests, it then becomes ridiculous.
Robby, I understand you pain. All I was trying to do was inject a little humor into an otherwise bleak situation.

But this isn't the first time I've been thru this pay up front wait for the end product. It was more than satisfying in the end.
This was quite a while ago, I paid in full, upfront, only to have to wait 9 long months until my daughter was born! ;)

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pfew I hope that milling machine is in a different room from the PCBA equipment.... and I hope that PCBA room has a strong air filtration/pressurizing system.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Bye & goodluck.

Thanks. :p
Yep I did not even hesitate. I just bought The Neptune package of ApexEL with EB8 power bar and two probes plus Trident and a two pack of reagents from Marine Depot.

NeptuneTrident.jpg

The way I see it is that the EB8 alone is worth $240 so basically I will flip that to a friend who I think needs one and that will leave me paying $859 for the package. Minus the $764 that I paid GHL makes my new expenditure $96 total. With that I get a New Apex controller a pH probe and temp probe plus a full water testing system that does ALK, Ca and Mg.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive my ignorance...
I understand the desire and need to test for Ca, Mg, and NO3.....but why test for K, and Na?
Sodium I believe is to check for ionic imbalance in the tank. Most notable for people that dose 2 part. Sodium makes up a certain percentage of the salinity of sea water, but if it gets too high it means you are missing the other ions.

Edit: alkalinity to salinity as pointed out by robbyg below

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sodium I believe is to check for ionic imbalance in the tank. Most notable for people that dose 2 part. Sodium makes up a certain percentage of the alkalinity of sea water, but if it gets too high it means you are missing the other ions.
Sodium makes up the majority of the Salinity but the rest comes from trace elements. You are correct accept for the Alkalinity part.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robby, I understand you pain. All I was trying to do was inject a little humor into an otherwise bleak situation.

But this isn't the first time I've been thru this pay up front wait for the end product. It was more than satisfying in the end.
This was quite a while ago, I paid in full, upfront, only to have to wait 9 long months until my daughter was born! ;)
What you paid upfront is nothing compared to what you'll spend over the lifetime of that product... ;)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sodium I believe is to check for ionic imbalance in the tank. Most notable for people that dose 2 part. Sodium makes up a certain percentage of the alkalinity of sea water, but if it gets too high it means you are missing the other ions.

Sodium makes up the majority of the Salinity but the rest comes from trace elements. You are correct accept for the Alkalinity part.

I understand how sodium is related to salinity, but doesnt GHL Profilux have a salinity probe?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand how sodium is related to salinity, but doesnt GHL Profilux have a salinity probe?

Yes it does but the nice part about a sodium probe is that they could use the sodium and the reading from the salinity probe and calculate how much of the trace elements are missing from your water.

To simplify things let me put it this way. Your Salinity reading from your salinity probe is reading the sodium level and the trace elements all together. Sodium is supposed to make up about 70% of that value and the remaining 30% is trace elements. By using a sodium probe you could actually see if the balance was correct. You might get a reading that shows 85% of your water is sodium and only 15% is trace elements and yet your salinity probe is still reading 1.026 sg.

That is why it's a pretty useful item to have, especially if you dose two part.

Last edited:

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does but the nice part about a sodium probe is that they could use the sodium and the reading from the salinity probe and calculate how much of the trace elements are missing from your water.

To simplify things let me put it this way. Your Salinity reading from your salinity probe is reading the sodium level and the trace elements all together. Sodium is supposed to make up about 70% of that value and the remaining 30% is trace elements. By using a sodium probe you could actually see if the balance was correct. You might get a reading that shows 85% of your water is sodium and only 15% is trace elements and yet your salinity probe is still reading 1.026 sg.

That is why it's a pretty useful item to have, especially is you dose two part.

Ok, that makes sense I guess.

Thanks for the explanation.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I removed the Porsche conversation as it had derailed this thread. If you guys would like to continue that discussion, feel free to get a thread going in the lounge. Btw, I'd love to own one some day. Maybe once the kids graduate. Ha!

Anywho, back to the topic!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back