Hey! I’m new

mkane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My names Mike, I’m from Philadelphia,PA. I was really big into reefing from 08-11. Mostly nano tanks (sub 50) and had some amazing tanks. Then life and a career happened then wife house and kids haha.
Fast forward to my kid’s being 1 and up I think it’s the perfect time to get a peaceful hobby back into my life.

Im not sure which route I want to take , whether I go for a stand alone AIO from water box or Red Sea or go with an inwall tank.

I do know I’m just going to support aquacultured specimens and LFS. It breaks my heart to see the state of wild reefs.
Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you and your wonderful tanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome35.jpg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike, Welcome to Reef2Reef! I’m my personal opinion I’d go big right out of the gate. You’re gonna find you’ll run out of space very quickly and then start wishing for a bigger one:).

Love your comments on aquacultured pieces and supporting your LFS! Hopefully one day just a portion of us reefers can help contribute back to some of the wild corals that have given us so much joy.

Looking forward to seeing your tank(s)!
giphy.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My names Mike, I’m from Philadelphia,PA. I was really big into reefing from 08-11. Mostly nano tanks (sub 50) and had some amazing tanks. Then life and a career happened then wife house and kids haha.
Fast forward to my kid’s being 1 and up I think it’s the perfect time to get a peaceful hobby back into my life.

Im not sure which route I want to take , whether I go for a stand alone AIO from water box or Red Sea or go with an inwall tank.

I do know I’m just going to support aquacultured specimens and LFS. It breaks my heart to see the state of wild reefs.
Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you and your wonderful tanks!
How did you manage to stay away so long?
Better go big if you have the chance, before somebody sees how much time, space and resources you'll use.
Get the kids involved when they can help.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back