Hey! I’m new

mkane

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
55
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My names Mike, I’m from Philadelphia,PA. I was really big into reefing from 08-11. Mostly nano tanks (sub 50) and had some amazing tanks. Then life and a career happened then wife house and kids haha.
Fast forward to my kid’s being 1 and up I think it’s the perfect time to get a peaceful hobby back into my life.

Im not sure which route I want to take , whether I go for a stand alone AIO from water box or Red Sea or go with an inwall tank.

I do know I’m just going to support aquacultured specimens and LFS. It breaks my heart to see the state of wild reefs.
Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you and your wonderful tanks!
 
welcome35.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi Mike, Welcome to Reef2Reef! I’m my personal opinion I’d go big right out of the gate. You’re gonna find you’ll run out of space very quickly and then start wishing for a bigger one:).

Love your comments on aquacultured pieces and supporting your LFS! Hopefully one day just a portion of us reefers can help contribute back to some of the wild corals that have given us so much joy.

Looking forward to seeing your tank(s)!
giphy.gif
 
Hey everyone,

My names Mike, I’m from Philadelphia,PA. I was really big into reefing from 08-11. Mostly nano tanks (sub 50) and had some amazing tanks. Then life and a career happened then wife house and kids haha.
Fast forward to my kid’s being 1 and up I think it’s the perfect time to get a peaceful hobby back into my life.

Im not sure which route I want to take , whether I go for a stand alone AIO from water box or Red Sea or go with an inwall tank.

I do know I’m just going to support aquacultured specimens and LFS. It breaks my heart to see the state of wild reefs.
Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you and your wonderful tanks!
How did you manage to stay away so long?
Better go big if you have the chance, before somebody sees how much time, space and resources you'll use.
Get the kids involved when they can help.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new