Hey Tang police, come and get me!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do powder blue. Achilles get huge and are ich magnets.
Achilles are the same size as PBTs at max size, both are just as bad as eachother however achilles are more sensitive to swings in water quality

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the responses. After more research and listening to everyone's opinions, I decided it's probably best for my tank and current fishies not to add another tang into the mix. These three seem happy and healthy, and I don't need to rock the boat.

...plus just an excuse to upgrade in a couple of years to a 360.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pick the powder blue over the Achilles, as others have mentioned above. I had a similar situation earlier this year when I wanted to add a powder blue as the “last“ tang to an established tank with 3 settled tangs. I purchased mine from Marine Collectors. It took them a few months to find a powder blue that was the right size, and then go through their quarantine process. Once I had the new fish, I left him in an acclimation box for almost two weeks. This made a huge difference in minimizing the aggression.

If you do not have one already, I would invest in a good acclimation box. Good luck!
I like your idea. I am thinking to get a kole tang for my 210 gal that has already have a power blue and power brown tangs. The only worry is will the kole tang get stress out staying in a small box (acclimation box) for 2 weeks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back