Hey Yall

Rigoberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all!

I started keeping saltwater fish when I was in college about 35 years ago. At that time, while in college, I bought a used 20g high tank with a HOB filter from a guy on USENET (if anyone remembers that). I kept that system for several years as FO. I almost changed my major to oceanography. Alas, this was not feasible economically for me at that time (loans to repay and all that).

I love saltwater/seas/oceans. I have no idea why but it is a basic, magnetic attraction (maybe others feel that too?). Over the years, I have hosted several tanks to fill my need for connection to the seas (as I live among 'dirt people', lol). Now, I pursue aquaculture mostly as an educational endeavor to inform my understanding of our planet, its challenges, and to make sure some of my fishy friends have a long, healthy life.

I am excited to be here and I look forward to making new friends, sharing ideas, techniques, and understanding relevant to the long term sustenance of marine life on our planet. ❤

Yours,
Robert

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
9A212C87-B62F-4DFB-AD42-5092671E6BCB.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all!

I started keeping saltwater fish when I was in college about 35 years ago. At that time, while in college, I bought a used 20g high tank with a HOB filter from a guy on USENET (if anyone remembers that). I kept that system for several years as FO. I almost changed my major to oceanography. Alas, this was not feasible economically for me at that time (loans to repay and all that).

I love saltwater/seas/oceans. I have no idea why but it is a basic, magnetic attraction (maybe others feel that too?). Over the years, I have hosted several tanks to fill my need for connection to the seas (as I live among 'dirt people', lol). Now, I pursue aquaculture mostly as an educational endeavor to inform my understanding of our planet, its challenges, and to make sure some of my fishy friends have a long, healthy life.

I am excited to be here and I look forward to making new friends, sharing ideas, techniques, and understanding relevant to the long term sustenance of marine life on our planet. ❤

Yours,
Robert

Hi Robert and Welcome! Big "Howdy" from DFW - sounds like we might be neighbors (Grand Prairie). Glad you joined and are returning. You will fit right in!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in North Texas:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
R

Rigoberto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks vetteguy53081!
Hi Robert and Welcome! Big "Howdy" from DFW - sounds like we might be neighbors (Grand Prairie). Glad you joined and are returning. You will fit right in!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in North Texas:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hey Pink!

We are indeed neighbors! Thank you for your kind response.

Well I have to say I am much more disciplined that I was when I had my first tank so long ago. My motto now is THINKING BEFORE ACTING!!! So much less stress for everyone that way.

I keep a log of my interactions with my tank ecosystem, and I am happy to share my theories and practical experience. Although I probably do not have the resources for a proper build thread. I will be most happy to share what I find is working well and what is not.

Robert

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all!

Yours,
Robert
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Welcome to R2R! Glad to have you here!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 172 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back