OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2 clams. 1 from ora and one from DD. Acclimating now.
guY0yQA.jpg
C6i3Oft.jpg
OcmYkJB.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purdy! :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purdy! :p

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the maxima I ordered. Can’t wait to see if the colors hold up in person and with my lights.
d8925ge.png

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a dish with sand for the derasa. The Kole kept knocking it over. I have the maxima up on a small rock and it put down a thread to hold it in place. Hoping it stays put.
NP2HqTF.jpg
ROrdidC.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 5 new frags this weekend. SC orange passion, purple bonsai, pink lemonade, Fox flame, wwc Gonzo blueberry. None of the pics are very good but would still like to document the Frags for growth comparison later.
OP nub and lemonade
8aMCw7U.jpg

Fox flame
3DH5UOO.jpg

Bonsai
hxiYpcE.jpg

Blueberry
Bc4hFm4.jpg

And just because it’s awesome the ZB Cloud.
8uBZfQo.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:

Frags are settling in nicely and I am excited to see them grow out. Most everything in the tank is holding good color and seems to be growing well. Going back to dripping kalk and stopping GFO and carbon dosing has helped me to turn pretty much everything around. There are still some acros that are on the mend and browned out but I see color slowly returning and the STN appears to have stopped.

My Lyretails seem to have mixed well with the Marcias and my male Marcia that has had a single popeye for months has finally healed up.

My clams have been an interesting journey so far. My excitement over adding them soon faded when I saw my kole tang constantly nipping the shell and mantle of both clams but mainly the Derasa. I have read all over the place the small clam survival rates are pretty low and throw in a nipping fish and its likely doomed. I expect to come home every day and see them gaping or dead. What I have been coming home to lately are a maxima clam that is open and looking good and a derasa that is open fully but wont extend the mantle over the sides of the shell because of the fish. The tang has let up on the nipping and I really think its just cleaning the shell but it has for sure hit the mantle in front of me. I have only had the clams about two weeks so maybe their death is still certain. I dont really know. I am not going to remove the fish though. Crossing fingers that the clams will be ok and live long lives in my tank.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Derasa clam righted itself overnight and is now in the normal clam orientation after spending a few days on its side. Clams are interesting creatures.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxima clam died on day 14 of the guarantee. Bummer that it died tho. Dont think I will try those again. Will stick to corals.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a couple pp-15 to kick up the flow a bit. Everything seems pretty happy right now. I do have some hair algae on a rock but it’s localized and I think I will try and pull it and kill with peroxide.

Recent fts.
G6FOc80.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updating the journal that 2 days ago I upgraded powerheads to pp-15 from 8s. Maybe related or maybe not but a couple acros have browned and my favorite one has browned and reduced polyp extension and has hundreds of mesenterial filaments barely poking out of the underside all over it.

Don’t plan to do anything about it. Cross fingers that it’s just adjusting to the new flow. Powerheads are in same positions with no direct flow.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back