OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a small thing but last night I was looking at my tank and noticed how much better my Pink Lemonade looked. When I moved it to its permanent spot on the hand, it was basically grey with no polyp extension at all. Had that look like it could rtn at any time. The spot I moved it to has really high flow and high light and now that its been about a month its all the way green with yellow coming in, the polyps are now super shaggy and its encrusting quickly. Just really happy to have turned it around as its one of my favorite corals.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most colorful side.
PJFkrT5.jpg

Coralline is coming in well on the bottom so I should be able to start getting some encrusting montis to grow out. My sixline has started to be mean and attack my anthias males only. They dont come out much any more.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I fragged Cloud for a guy and think I am going to add a couple of t-5 and see what happens. Dont know how much I need to tun down my other lights tho when I do add it.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if its just me but in all the full tank shots your water looks stupid clear. Looks like stuff is sitting in there without water lol maybe its just the bare bottom look or what but either way you have a nice looking tank.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you run a turf scrubber. What does it keep your no3 and po4 at?
LOL I dont really check but last time I did (over a month ago) my P04 was .28 (Hanna) and my N03 was 25 (Salifert). What my scrubber does do is grow algae on the screen rather than in my display.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I built my canopy a bit low and the back of my tank wasn’t getting the best light. I bought a single t5 grow strip and an ATI blue+ bulb. Added it today to the back and hope I will see some good results.
mAmZkXh.jpg
rH0xVC8.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back