HHH's 100 Gallon Mixed Reef

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the green light to upgrade from the wife and my mother in law gave me some cash to find a craigslist tank to take over. I found this 100 gallon and this weekend, my wife and I got everything set up from the 65. I am adding the 3rd SB reef light tonight so the dark patch in the middle will go away.

Since I suck at keeping SPS, i think on this rendition I will focus more on just vibrant colors with a lean more towards LPS and Zoas. If my existing sps turn a corner and recover then I am sure I will get the acro bug again. We shall see.

Gxgx4Wd.jpg

Os0LxcS.jpg

0jlMnRj.jpg

NfkaTRa.jpg

88EAhcU.jpg

6XUVRKd.jpg

lfSKMiT.jpg

I still have to put the doors back on and get my cords organized and I am sure I will tinker a bit with the scape.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scopas has not started eating my prepared frozen blend yet. He will put algae pellets in his mouth but spits them out a few times. Hopefully he ate some nori today and will take to the food soon. The LFS I got it from is mostly a storefront for a service company and they for real QT their fish, one small batch at a time and this tang was there for 3 months total and has good weight on it. Send food vibes his way.

I have some travertine tiles in my shed and I think i am going to mount some of my frags to them so snails quit pushing everything around and I want stuff to grow out over the bottom eventually.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit something about tangs. I have had my kole for almost 2 years and while my 65 gallon was certainly on the bottom of what I would consider appropriate for housing, I was always in the camp of "really what is another foot of swimming space to a fish plucked from infinite swim space." Well, now that my tank is 2' longer than the last, the pacing has completely stopped and it is pretty great to see it really be able to zoom around the tank.

Size matters.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are starting to color back up and I THINK the stn has all stopped and the remaining acros are healing. It looks like my montis are recovering too.

Left island (Anthias territory)
sYACU3l.jpg

Middle. Random frags of zoas and lps. Almost all are from the death row section of my lfs. Some I have had a while and they have recovered well.
1OomG4x.jpg

Right island. Clownfish territory.
GEZSOkN.jpg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clam from divers den came today. DOA. They taped heat to the top of the lid but the clam was way down in the bottom of the box. Ice Cold. Got some lyretail anthias from LA and they put the heat down with the fish and they were in real good shape. Bummed about the clam.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is the Anthias are doing well and accepted food during tonight’s feeding. They have staked out some territory above some ricordia.
gtfuKlH.jpg

Bad news is the Blue Throat Triggerfish I added last week has perished. It never came out and I couldn’t get it to eat. I may have too many fast and somewhat aggressive fish. I don’t think I will try another.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back