0   0   0
Harvest.
TGE0xT2.jpg

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just found this thread and I enjoyed seeing the progress and was sad to see the setbacks. But looks like you still have a fantastic tank growing. I have 3 year old 65 gal LPS/softie tank with a dsb. The tank is growing nicely but I am removing the dsb this weekend because I am convinced it is a cyano factory. Not looking forward to it but your thread has given me hope that I can persevere. Surrender to the flow...

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Just found this thread and I enjoyed seeing the progress and was sad to see the setbacks. But looks like you still have a fantastic tank growing. I have 3 year old 65 gal LPS/softie tank with a dsb. The tank is growing nicely but I am removing the dsb this weekend because I am convinced it is a cyano factory. Not looking forward to it but your thread has given me hope that I can persevere. Surrender to the flow...
Its the ocean flowing in our veins you know.

Thank you for the positive words and I hope pulling your DSB goes well!

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I purchased the anthias about a month ago, I picked up a pouch of LRS Reef Frenzy Nano just to see what it was all about and I am now totally sold. My fish have better than ever color and are nice and fat. Headed to LFS after work to get a bigger flat of the stuff. No more home made for me.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking fairly swell as of yesterday. LRS Reef Frenzy has made my fish really color up. My Kole's tang is nearly yellow now.

On another note about Kole. I really think that if you have a bare bottom tank, it is the most valuable member of a clean up crew. It eats detritus and ALL fish poop so the bottom of my tank is almost always spotless. It eats film algae and when it poops, it does it high up and the poo always breaks up into mist in the flow which I assume is great coral food. I love that fish. Was surprised to see I have now had it over a year. Time flys.

de2e7Fa.jpg

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking fairly swell as of yesterday. LRS Reef Frenzy has made my fish really color up. My Kole's tang is nearly yellow now.

On another note about Kole. I really think that if you have a bare bottom tank, it is the most valuable member of a clean up crew. It eats detritus and ALL fish poop so the bottom of my tank is almost always spotless. It eats film algae and when it poops, it does it high up and the poo always breaks up into mist in the flow which I assume is great coral food. I love that fish. Was surprised to see I have now had it over a year. Time flys.

de2e7Fa.jpg

that is a very good report on your Kole Tang. It may have just made my list of fish for the new display. I hope that I can get one that is as well behaved as yours.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is great with all my current fish. I added a flame angel that I have since returned before I moved and my kole went after it hard for about 3 days but then was ok. That is the only aggression issue I have seen.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kole has started mouthing both my spongodes and my rainbow monti. No damage is being done that i can see but the polyps retract for a bit. Hopefully this doesnt become a thing, especially after all the nice stuff I had to say about it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back