Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie!

ericamiday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner reefer (love that word!) located in Los Angeles. I've always had a love of the ocean and marine life but never took it home with me until NOW. It's been three months of success so far... I've started super slow but am finally at the point where I'm adding corals (YAY!). I have a ten gallon tank (already regretting not going bigger due to the constant upkeep) but I'm proud of my little world. So far I have two common clown fish, a fire shrimp, a turbo and conch snail, a xenia frag and a green star polyp (which ive isolated) and a zoa. I'm super eager to add more corals but I don't want to get carried away too quickly! I'd really like to add a frogspawn and an elegance coral, maybe some kenya trees. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Oh, and for anyone in Los Angeles, I currently go to Bob's Tropical Fish for all my needs with the occasional stop at Sunset Tropical. What are your favorite spots? Any places especially good for coral frags? What about online stores?

Thanks for all your help and welcoming me to this community of saltwater enthusiasts!

-Erica

0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-3.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner reefer (love that word!) located in Los Angeles. I've always had a love of the ocean and marine life but never took it home with me until NOW. It's been three months of success so far... I've started super slow but am finally at the point where I'm adding corals (YAY!). I have a ten gallon tank (already regretting not going bigger due to the constant upkeep) but I'm proud of my little world. So far I have two common clown fish, a fire shrimp, a turbo and conch snail, a xenia frag and a green star polyp (which ive isolated) and a zoa. I'm super eager to add more corals but I don't want to get carried away too quickly! I'd really like to add a frogspawn and an elegance coral, maybe some kenya trees. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Oh, and for anyone in Los Angeles, I currently go to Bob's Tropical Fish for all my needs with the occasional stop at Sunset Tropical. What are your favorite spots? Any places especially good for coral frags? What about online stores?

Thanks for all your help and welcoming me to this community of saltwater enthusiasts!

-Erica

0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-3.jpg
Hey Erica,
Welcome and thanks for sharing

Back