Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie!

ericamiday

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
29
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner reefer (love that word!) located in Los Angeles. I've always had a love of the ocean and marine life but never took it home with me until NOW. It's been three months of success so far... I've started super slow but am finally at the point where I'm adding corals (YAY!). I have a ten gallon tank (already regretting not going bigger due to the constant upkeep) but I'm proud of my little world. So far I have two common clown fish, a fire shrimp, a turbo and conch snail, a xenia frag and a green star polyp (which ive isolated) and a zoa. I'm super eager to add more corals but I don't want to get carried away too quickly! I'd really like to add a frogspawn and an elegance coral, maybe some kenya trees. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Oh, and for anyone in Los Angeles, I currently go to Bob's Tropical Fish for all my needs with the occasional stop at Sunset Tropical. What are your favorite spots? Any places especially good for coral frags? What about online stores?

Thanks for all your help and welcoming me to this community of saltwater enthusiasts!

-Erica

0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-3.jpg
 
Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner reefer (love that word!) located in Los Angeles. I've always had a love of the ocean and marine life but never took it home with me until NOW. It's been three months of success so far... I've started super slow but am finally at the point where I'm adding corals (YAY!). I have a ten gallon tank (already regretting not going bigger due to the constant upkeep) but I'm proud of my little world. So far I have two common clown fish, a fire shrimp, a turbo and conch snail, a xenia frag and a green star polyp (which ive isolated) and a zoa. I'm super eager to add more corals but I don't want to get carried away too quickly! I'd really like to add a frogspawn and an elegance coral, maybe some kenya trees. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Oh, and for anyone in Los Angeles, I currently go to Bob's Tropical Fish for all my needs with the occasional stop at Sunset Tropical. What are your favorite spots? Any places especially good for coral frags? What about online stores?

Thanks for all your help and welcoming me to this community of saltwater enthusiasts!

-Erica

0-1.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-3.jpg
Hey Erica,
Welcome and thanks for sharing
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new