Hi everyone! I'm glad to be here!

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! I'm very excited to be back into the hobby, and a part of this community.

I had my first reef tank years ago, it was a 75 gallon. For some reason, everything just "worked" and my tank was jam packed with SPS that were spreading like wildfire. It was one of the joys of my life. But, Hurricane Katrina came through and we lost power for about 4 weeks, while temperatures here skyrocketed. Needless to say, I lost everything. It was heartbreaking. I started over again with same tank, but for some reason nothing "worked" this time around. Corals would not grow or thrive, the tank developed a leak, and I just gave up. I took everything down and thought that was it.

Of course, the reef-keeping bug never left me, and I started another smaller tank (my avatar). Things were going well this time around, but then I got very ill with a heart condition and once again lost everything because I was unable to keep it up.

So, here I am back again, feeling better and hoping that the third time is the charm! I've got a few SPS frags, and am about to upgrade my lights to the new Radion PRO G4 for my birthday next week. I'm on the lookout for SPS frags, but want to choose carefully what I add as my tank is small so real estate is limited. Particularly I am now trying to find a place to get a reasonable "frag pack" with things such as a blue hoek, ice-fire echinata, blue or miyagi tort, 20,000 leagues lokani, and purple bonsai ("Garf"). I thought that blue hoeks used to be everywhere from what I remember, but I don't see them on too many sites for sale these days. Anyway, those are some on my wish list.

And...that's a little bit about me. Once again, I am very happy to be a member of this great community! :)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R. :)

Sounds like destiny, you love having a tank and being involved in the hobby, I get it!!!!!!!

Please start a build thread if you have not already, we would love to see it.

Battle corals may have some of the pieces you're looking for.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the game!

OP
OP
Rek84

Rek84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! Tahoe61, thank you for the suggestion about Battle Corals. I will definitely check them out!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%

Back