Hi Everyone!

hi welcome back to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
Welcome to R2R!!

6DB3D7F5-F90D-42D0-84BB-481DEBF264A0.gif
 
My name is John and I'm somewhat new to R2R, just signed up a day or so ago but I've been lurking off and on for a while. I have some history in fish keeping, worked for a Zoo in the Herpetarium/Aquatic department for a few years and I've kept SW fish for years but left the game about 10 years ago due to having to take care of elderly parents, job, kids and so on but I'm back now. Wife and I recently ordered a 140G acrylic tank and are awaiting it's arrival. I'm not real big on strictly reef type tanks, I'm a FOWLR type dude. Hoping to have it with a few inverts, and some interesting fish such as a Blenny or two, maybe a Jawfish, Tang or two, might try and see if I can get a Flame Hawkfish that won't murder every invert in the tank and a few others, not sure yet.

I've been ordering all new stuff for it and man has the money been flying out the door! A short run down of what we have so far is;
Tank-Custom Acrylic by TruVu aprox 72.5"x19"x24." about 140 gallons.
Stand & Canopy-Marineland Montery I have been coating it with a good Marine Varnish over the last week or so.
Lights- Current Marine Pro 72"
Sump- Bashsea Smart Series 48x15x16
Return pump- VarioS 8
Wave makers- Octo Pulse 4 x 2
Skimmer- Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600

Well that's the main parts I have so far, tons of pipe, fittings and other small goodies awaiting the arrival of the tank so I can get started plumbing this baby. I'll try and post some updates but I suck at the internet so no promises. Thanks for the welcome, hope everyone has a great day and is able to avoid this stupid virus! ;)
Welcome to R2R John. And welcome back to the salty world.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new