HI Everyone!!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Susan!

Now lets review: dog, cat, sliders, Grad school, FT work, your Grandmother, and now a 180G reef tank build. Did you fail to mention you are training for an Ironman and have 6 kids under the age of 8?

Lordy, when do you sleep woman? :)

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
6BFEC671-95DA-4244-A3CB-4C176C142FD2.gif

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Susan. Have had lots of experience with freshwater and no going to the dark side and entering the salt world. My current tank is a 75 gallon FOWLR that houses a dog-face puffer (Gus); yellow tang (Olivia); fox-face (Roxy); lawnmower blennie (Lennie) and 2 clowns (Mike & Ike). There's the usual clean up crew approx 30 turbo snails & at least 4 hermits.

Right now, I am running a HOB Tidal 110 with a pair of small current makers.

I know by now you probably wonder why there is so many fish in a small tank. I have been buying used equipment (the only way for me to get into the hobby) and recently acquired a 185 that will live in my garage with a window into the living room. That's where the cleanup crew and clown fish came from. The build is being done slowly as I am also a grad student, working full time, even during the SIP here in California. I'll post up the pics when I get home.

We also have 3 red-ear sliders; 2 dogs & 2 cats. I take care of my grandmother who is 94 and doesn't get out much and the primary reason I wanted to get back into fish. She loves them and interacts with the puffer through out the day.

Happy to join the community and looking forward to the interaction with fellow fishkeepers!
Cheers,
Susan
welcome to the community and good luck with your upgrade!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Susan. Have had lots of experience with freshwater and no going to the dark side and entering the salt world. My current tank is a 75 gallon FOWLR that houses a dog-face puffer (Gus); yellow tang (Olivia); fox-face (Roxy); lawnmower blennie (Lennie) and 2 clowns (Mike & Ike). There's the usual clean up crew approx 30 turbo snails & at least 4 hermits.

I know by now you probably wonder why there is so many fish in a small tank. I have been buying used equipment (the only way for me to get into the hobby) and recently acquired a 185 that will live in my garage with a window into the living room. That's where the cleanup crew and clown fish came from. The build is being done slowly as I am also a grad student, working full time, even during the SIP here in California. I'll post up the pics when I get home.

We also have 3 red-ear sliders; 2 dogs & 2 cats. I take care of my grandmother who is 94 and doesn't get out much and the primary reason I wanted to get back into fish. She loves them and interacts with the puffer through out the day.

Happy to join the community and looking forward to the interaction with fellow fishkeepers!
Cheers,
Susan

Welcome to R2R Susan.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers,
Susan
Welcome to R2R Susan. Quite a range of things you look after there, including grandma. I can understand why she gets pleasure from watching the fish.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you like ,start a build thread ,will help you keep records of progress,and others to follow ,and or help if problems ,ever occur,plus you get a cool badge :)

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Sleep is overrated. You have so many pots going. I wish you the best.
Any questions or just want to vent, we are here for you. Seriously. This is a good group of people that sometimes all need a ear to listen to us. Especially with this hobby. Everyone else I talk to says, so what? A fish died. They just do not get it.
I tried engaging my family because my blenny was being funny and they looked, but did not get why I thought it was so hilarious. We are a different breed of people.

Back