Hi, everyone

CanadianReeferGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here I just started the hobby a few weeks ago. So far I’m amazed on how much their is to know but it’s definitely keeping me busy. so far I’m starting out with a Biocube 32G if I get good at and manage to keep everything happy and alive I’ll definitely upgrade to a bigger tank.
I could use some help though with what to put into my tank so far I only have.
6 - Blue leg crabs
4 - snails
2 - Small regular clown fish.
Id like put a Pygmy Angel, Royal Gamma and a High-Fin Goby. I’m not sure if it will work?

thanks.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here I just started the hobby a few weeks ago. So far I’m amazed on how much their is to know but it’s definitely keeping me busy. so far I’m starting out with a Biocube 32G if I get good at and manage to keep everything happy and alive I’ll definitely upgrade to a bigger tank.
6 - Blue leg crabs
4 - snails
Id like put a Pygmy Angel, Royal Gamma and a High-Fin Goby. I’m not sure if it will work?

thanks.
I see your tank is only a few weeks old, I would be patient before adding anything else for awhile. Let the tank get its bacteria established, if you up the bioload to quickly, you'll crash.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 - Blue leg crabs
4 - snails

thanks.
Welcome!

I have High-Fin Goby on my fish wishlist too but don't have any personal experiences yet with that particular fish. Sure is cute though!

Glad you joined

OP
OP
CanadianReeferGuy

CanadianReeferGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your tank is only a few weeks old, I would be patient before adding anything else for awhile. Let the tank get its bacteria established, if you up the bioload to quickly, you'll crash.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I’ve passed the diatom stage and I’m getting green algae on glass now. So am I at the bacteria established stage?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve passed the diatom stage and I’m getting green algae on glass now. So am I at the bacteria established stage?
I mean personally if your tank is only a few weeks old and you already have those inhabitants, I would wait at least another month before adding anything else.
remember nothing good in this hobby comes fast!

OP
OP
CanadianReeferGuy

CanadianReeferGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean personally if your tank is only a few weeks old and you already have those inhabitants, I would wait at least another month before adding anything else.
remember nothing good in this hobby comes fast!
Ok, thanks I’ll wait a bit.

OP
OP
CanadianReeferGuy

CanadianReeferGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I have High-Fin Goby on my fish wishlist too but don't have any personal experiences yet with that particular fish. Sure is cute though!

Glad you joined
I found a really good deal here in Toronto for a high-fin and pistol shrimp comes pared together. We don’t have a lot of places that specialize in saltwater aquarium here.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The Pygmy angel is the smallest of the dwarf angels but I would still not put it in 32 biocube. They can be pugnacious little fish and with an established pair of clowns I would go another direction.

If you have a chance at the goby/shrimp pair I think it would be ok. They would not add to bioload significantly.

Royal Gramma's also get to 3" or so but tend to be less active. They will usually have a cave they like to call home but will defend it vigorously. Examine your aquascape realistically....will it have a place to call home? A pair of clowns will likely claim the whole tank (in this size tank) as their territory.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back