Hi Everyone!

RugglesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Josh & Kate here, we just wanted to introduce ourselves & our tank. We are new to reefing & started our 32 gallon saltwater tank this August, we named it Ruggles Reef. My wife is from Rhode Island & the local surf spot is named Ruggles, so its a shout out to where she grew up and a place we love to visit when were in town. We have a Bio cube with some upgraded Steve's LED lights that are built in and said to be very good for growing any and everything. We got the tank used & so far everything we have gotten has done pretty well. I did post about our Lawnmower Blenny with an abscess & if our Anemone is doing alright (we still need a little help there) but after hearing back from this great community i think we are doing good for now. Im sure there will be plenty of questions in the near future so thank you all for the help ahead of time! We have been researching things like crazy and there is a lot of mixed information out there so we're very happy to join this community and learn as much as we can from all you wonderful Reefers.

-Josh & Kate
Ruggles Reef

IMG_5447.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Josh & Kate here, we just wanted to introduce ourselves & our tank. We are new to reefing & started our 32 gallon saltwater tank this August, we named it Ruggles Reef. My wife is from Rhode Island & the local surf spot is named Ruggles, so its a shout out to where she grew up and a place we love to visit when were in town. We have a Bio cube with some upgraded Steve's LED lights that are built in and said to be very good for growing any and everything. We got the tank used & so far everything we have gotten has done pretty well. I did post about our Lawnmower Blenny with an abscess & if our Anemone is doing alright (we still need a little help there) but after hearing back from this great community i think we are doing good for now. Im sure there will be plenty of questions in the near future so thank you all for the help ahead of time! We have been researching things like crazy and there is a lot of mixed information out there so we're very happy to join this community and learn as much as we can from all you wonderful Reefers.

-Josh & Kate
Ruggles Reef

IMG_5447.jpeg

Hi Josh and Kate! Lisa and Michael here. Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but since it is a family friendly hobby, perhaps someday there will be little Ruggles Reef Rats (giggle)!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ft Lauderdale:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
RugglesReef

RugglesReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Josh and Kate! Lisa and Michael here. Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but since it is a family friendly hobby, perhaps someday there will be little Ruggles Reef Rats (giggle)!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ft Lauderdale:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Nice to meet you Lisa and Michael! woah woah woah, one step at a time. first doggies and fishies then we can bring some little Ruggle Reef rats around HAHAHAHA :)

Oh man this is awesome!! yes i will definitely get a build thread going. i have some pics from the start i can go back and add. thank you for all the info & the locals guide too! this is great! so excited we joined reef 2 reef. everyone is so kind and helpful! one of the best communities ive ever seen!

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi Josh & Kate!
I'm Suzi, your friendly Reef Mermaid! Glad to have you and your family with us :)
Looks like you guys are off to a really great start! Feel free to ask lots of questions and post lots of photos! We love photos around here!
Under The Sea Hello GIF by Lillee Jean

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back