Hi from Geneva

marius70

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
12
Location
switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, have been searching answers for weeks and somehow I'll end up always in this forum, so here we go. I have had some experience before but with fresh water and discus, this was some years back. Am now interested in salt water and before jumping in, am seeking answers that I do find here. Thanks to all of you.

Goal is to to automate, every x years I refresh my knowledge since I started and think things have slowly come to a very interesting and mature point in terms of automation. Now the most interesting part is do we go for a Ferrari setup or have some fun and go the DYI (robo-tank / reef-pi) path .. this is for me the path I have to find out.

So still nowhere really but preparing for the jump.
Cheers all
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello and welcome.

I find that it’s always best to learn how to manually keep a reef tank before automating. Unless you know the cause and effect of how all the components work together, you will not be able to figure out a problem when leaving your tank in the hands of automation.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Marius. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
background.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new