OP
OP
chickofthesea

chickofthesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that was my husband. We went there today and we do live 1.5 hours away. Was he a big guy dark short hair and a weeks worth of
Scruff on his face? We were in there for over an hour. The owner sute can talk. Since i have much to learn i listened.

brentsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from IL too, but it seems you all live pretty far from me. Im in Lockport

reefaddictionrx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found R2R... It's the best reefing resource I have found!

I agree with 9ball. When you have time for another day trip, head up to ReefWise in Lisle. Their setup is pretty amazing - for their corals and their fish. I've found better pricing on larger LPS pieces at Beyond the Reef, but ReefWise is always #1 on my LFS list to check out if I'm up in Chicago.

I'm interested in how your H2O2 dosing is going for dino's. It sounds like a lot to be adding to a closed 75g system, but you made it sound like it is working. Are you still dosing?

What thread did you use for guidance?

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Another IL person here, though I am in the 'burbs of Chicago.

Have been down your way a few times, have friends in Philo and Sadorus. The bar in Philo makes great chicken tenders. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
chickofthesea

chickofthesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am still doing h2o2. Doesn't seem to be doing much but knock the dino back some. The corals i have don't seem to mind thank goodness. That tank has been up with those rocks and sand for nearly 10 years. I know i need to get new soon. Thats what i think is the real problem. I've only had coral one year though. Still learning about that. I do like to overfeed, what can i say. This dino thing
Is relatively new. I do frequent water changes. About 5 gallons every weekend and i always have sludge in the skimmer cup. I really
Enjoy messing with it. Just waiting for spring to do anything that involves going outside. To cold for me lol!
The thread was called dinoflagellates my experience or something close to it it was a few years old but people are still adding to it. It's like 35 pages long. I read it all but if you read it u could prob stop after page 5 or so. It's just something that might or might not work but in my opinion was worth a shot. I used the suggested 1 ml per 10 gallon. It did make my water crystal clear though. So don't sun burn anything with your lights. Nice talk. This place does have some cool people and ideas. I like it.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha ha, the Philo bar is popular with the locals. I plan on going to the frag swap in February. How bout u?
The Cupids Reef Fragswap in Bloomington February 15th at the Interstate Center. There are supposed to be several good speakers as well there.

Reemat12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined today and I also live in Lockport. I had a reef set-up 10-15 years ago. I am looking to get back into it but has it changed over the years. Picking out a tank is so much more involved then it was. Looks like R2R is the right place t be.

Reemat12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but things are looking good for this weekend. I was thinking of the Bio Cube but wasn't happy with the reviews. I plan on getting the Fluval M60 as a starter.

brentsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a biocube for 2 years and never had any problems, i think they are great tanks. Ive had no experience with fluvals, but the biocubes have a lot of cheap add ons you can buy to make them even better

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!*
DSCF6388_zpsb0b33bb_edit_1421119222246.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back