Hi from Michigan!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R...looking forward to you sharing your experience!

giphy.gif

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Glad to have joined the R2R community.

A little about me:
The name McPuff comes from a dogface puffer I had back in 2001-2003. His name was a cross between McGruff the crime dog and puffer because, well he was a puffer. Sadly, I lost McPuff after a violent bacterial outbreak in my tank that wiped out everything. I have learned a lot since then! Now, I have a 300DD reef which has been running in one glass or acrylic box or another since 2005 (150 -> 180 -> 120 -> 300). My oldest fish, "Toby" the goby (a pink spot watchman), has been with me the longest at 13 years. I've had fish tanks for about 30 years and saltwater for about 20. In 2010, I received my PhD in Natural Resources Management from the University of Michigan (fisheries) but I now work in the automotive industry. Crazy huh?!

When I had the chance to get a 300 it meant I could get back to some of my favorite fish that a smaller tank would not allow (appropriately): tangs, triggers, angels! I've got some nice, big SPS colonies and a few softies, but removed all LPS before adding the angels.

Looking foward to joining in some great discussions, sharing my experiences, and hopefully learning quite a bit from everyone else!! Here is a FTS of my reef taken a few days ago. Forgive the excessive blue. :0)
Welcome here, we talked years ago in MR! Great and active place, you'll fit right in!

Back