Hi from Montreal, Canada

Howdy

howdy.gif
 
Hello everyone,

My name is Fernando. I am veterinarian from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. ;)

I am the typical long time forum lurker. I have read some extraordinary posts here on reef2reef. This is definitely the best forum out there!

I have a 7 month-old 54 gal. + 10 gal sump system. I have been (and continue to be), like most out there, into freshwater aquariums for more than 20 years now, but was convinced by my brother-in-law to go into saltwater a year ago (it is a family thing now)

I love to DIY things. My refugium is actually just that!

I work on a tight budget, and yet thanks to all your suggestions it is blossoming into a fantastic ecosystem!

I will post some pictures in the DIY section soon. Here is a preview:

20200430_193021.jpg 20200430_193032.jpg 20191216_193248.jpg
Welcome to R2R Fernando. Nice tank.
 
Wow, Thanks for the welcome guys!

I don't do ornamental fish medicine, although I did take all possible extracurricular classes that were available on the subject at the faculty. ;) This is a specialty in the residency program in exotic animals. Here in Canada we have the same curriculum as in the US and actually do the same Board Exam.

Also, I would say that a lot of the knowledge on this matter is shared with marine biologists.

I practice in small animals: cats and dogs, as well as laboratory animal medicine.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
 
Welcome to the Reef, can't wait to see the tank continue to progress. Make sure to start a build thread so we can follow along. And post lots of pictures... I'm nosy
image-asset.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new