Hi from The Netherlands

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

As I plan to spend a lot of time learning from you all on these forums, I thought it would be good to introduce myself.
My name is Erik, I'm a 39 year old entrepreneur in software engineering. Living with my partner, two kids (girls, 6 and 9) and our little zoo consisting of a dog (border collie), a cat, Icelandic horses, chickens, rabbits and fish (30 Malawi cichlids, 14 discus and a planted community tank). My passions are, obviously, animals but also technology and fast cars (EV nut but also have petrol sports cars).

I've had freshwater aquariums since the age of 8 so I think I have kept about every freshwater fish out there that is suitable for home tanks.
Over the years I've been wanting to go salt water many times but never took the leap. But I always promised myself that one day, if I ever bought a nice large house, I would treat myself to a proper large salt water tank. That day has finally come! This week I should be receiving my new Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL (deluxe G2) system. Including 2x Red Sea Reefwave 45, 3x Red Sea ReefLed 90, Deltec 600i and an Aqua Medic DC Runner 5.3. And of course all the stuff needed to get up and running like large boxes of Real Reef rocks, live sand and an RO system.

I honestly can't wait to get going. I'm aware that the journey will come with some failures as well. But I plan to keep those to a minimum with lots and lots of research and asking stupid questions everywhere I can (sorry in advance!! ;))

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back