Great plan on the QT
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all! I’m a new reefer from Mississippi. I started my 20 gallon high tank 1 month ago… can’t believe it’s been that short amount of time it feels like it’s been a while lol. I quickly discovered that my 20 gallon tank does not fit my dreams so I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon tank with sump, protein filter, and UV. I got into this hobby kind of on a whim (I know, I know ) didn’t really know anything about keeping any fish just decided I wanted to start a tank one day. Since then I have realized my mistakes in jumping in without research, but I have discovered a passion for this hobby. So I have done loads and loads of research into setting up this 75 the right way for success. I am constantly looking up something I think of I want to know, watching loads and loads of BRS and other videos on everything saltwater tank. At the moment I only have 2 clownfish and 4 blue legged hermits (in my 20 gallon). I don’t want to add anything else until after I’ve transferred them to the 75 and given it some time to ensure the safety of all present and future occupants. I am letting my 75 gallon completely cycle before that happens so it could be a bit lol. After that I plan to turn the 20 gallon into a QT tank. Anyway! Sorry for the long spill! I look forward to connecting with you all! I have been reading the threads for information when I needed to know something but haven’t posted yet ☺️ Here’s a picture of the 75.

03519A2E-B1F0-48FA-8F3A-1153927B9F36.jpeg
Welcome to r2r
You’re off to a great start .
The 75 will provide a few more stocking options . But sadly you were bitten by the bug .
bigger will always be the focus as you will always want that one more fish .
I went from a 30 gal , to a 65 , 75 , 90 and now a 230
My wife doesn’t know yet but I’ve been thinking of another upgrade .
You mentioned the 75 being the reason for your dream fish ?
what fish are you wanting ?

on the videos and research topic Take everything you watch or read with a grain of salt . Do your part as in the end it’s your investment .
following one opinion might not always be the way that works for you .

happy reefing
If there is ever a time you need advice we’re all here to help !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back