Hi, newb reefer from sacto (california) here. :)

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, or whatever time it is where you are.

My name is Mik (like jagger) and I am super new to reefing, as in i have no reef tank set up yet. I'm in the binge watching YouTube and reading forums "research" phase. I have a dozen, yes, freshwater tanks,each with a custom sump i made whether AIO, under sump, or overhead sump set up. I'm pretty familiar with filtration and info my best to keep mostly dirted sanded planted tanks with biodiversity.

I've read a lot on here about refugiums, crypt zones, protein skimmers, and so on. I look forward to playing my first question somewhere and trying to learn as much as possible until I know enough to contribute.

Thanks for being here. Oh, I saw yourreef aquarium store is a sponsor here, I just visited his shop the other day as I explored the local stores. I'll definitely be going back. Does the owner post on here?

Have a good day!
Hello and welcome to R2R!! You have come to the right place! There is more knowledge here that you can shake a fish at!! Most people here are very willing to help in any way the can. Do your research in the beginning, not after you have set things up. This will take you a good ways in the right direction. I look forward to seeing how you get going.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif

Marisolar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, or whatever time it is where you are.

My name is Mik (like jagger) and I am super new to reefing, as in i have no reef tank set up yet. I'm in the binge watching YouTube and reading forums "research" phase. I have a dozen, yes, freshwater tanks,each with a custom sump i made whether AIO, under sump, or overhead sump set up. I'm pretty familiar with filtration and info my best to keep mostly dirted sanded planted tanks with biodiversity.

I've read a lot on here about refugiums, crypt zones, protein skimmers, and so on. I look forward to playing my first question somewhere and trying to learn as much as possible until I know enough to contribute.

Thanks for being here. Oh, I saw yourreef aquarium store is a sponsor here, I just visited his shop the other day as I explored the local stores. I'll definitely be going back. Does the owner post on here?

Have a good day!
Hey! I'm new to reefs and from Sac too. I just made a r2r account today, cool to see ya!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back