0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif

whitecloud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Just taking a moment to introduce myself and looking forward to finding a new home here! I am fairly new to the hobby with only about two years under my belt. I currently have a 30 gallon bow front FOWLR, I am getting ready to set up my 16 gallon Biocube as reef tank. and I recently purchased a 75 gallon tank during Petco’s 50% off sale. My Husband said why don’t you just go bigger- because I’m certainly becoming addicted- So now I’m flirting with the idea of getting a much larger 180 or 200, and using the 75 as a sump. Honestly I’ve been lurking in the dark reading this forum for several months and decided to finally join and say hello. So without further ado… hello reefers!!

Central Maine Reefer here!

I have a 90 reef and a 16 gallon biocube as well.

We have some great Local Fish Stores to enjoy!

The ones I frequent most are:

Corals Unlimited in Topsham
Easy Aquariums in Westbrook
Aquacorals in Fairfield
Vance’s Tropical Fish in Bucksport
Pet Tails in Waterville (just starting to get saltwater
Fish starting)

And not too far away is:

Jay’s Aquatics in Salem,NH
Love the Reef in Wilmington, MA (North of Boston)

We have an exciting Coral Swap in Bangor on April 6th

…and the Frag Farmers Market in Storrs, CT on March 2nd…the largest single day coral show in the country…83 vendors this year!

Enjoy the hobby!

OP
OP
KJ_north

KJ_north

Just a fin loving girl in Maine
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Central Maine Reefer here!

I have a 90 reef and a 16 gallon biocube as well.

We have some great Local Fish Stores to enjoy!

The ones I frequent most are:

Corals Unlimited in Topsham
Easy Aquariums in Westbrook
Aquacorals in Fairfield
Vance’s Tropical Fish in Bucksport
Pet Tails in Waterville (just starting to get saltwater
Fish starting)

And not too far away is:

Jay’s Aquatics in Salem,NH
Love the Reef in Wilmington, MA (North of Boston)

We have an exciting Coral Swap in Bangor on April 6th

…and the Frag Farmers Market in Storrs, CT on March 2nd…the largest single day coral show in the country…83 vendors this year!

Enjoy the hobby!
Thank you for all the resources! I am in northern Maine- 3 hours north of Bangor so most places are a hike for me. Luckily I don’t mind a day trip that results in more fish or gear! I do plan on attending the frag swap as my cube will be set up and ready for some corals by then.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
KJ_north welcome to the reef. I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. My wife @Ocean_Queenie and I started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the Reef2 Reef community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi KJ and welcome to R2R! This is a great place to grow as an aquarist with lots of knowledgeable folks here.

I also have a hubby who encourages my reef hobby. I am a "Keep it Simple Gal" and I like to enjoy the hobby in a minimalist way. If that interests you there is a thread on it:

liamkrenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Hello all! Just taking a moment to introduce myself and looking forward to finding a new home here! I am fairly new to the hobby with only about two years under my belt. I currently have a 30 gallon bow front FOWLR, I am getting ready to set up my 16 gallon Biocube as reef tank. and I recently purchased a 75 gallon tank during Petco’s 50% off sale. My Husband said why don’t you just go bigger- because I’m certainly becoming addicted- So now I’m flirting with the idea of getting a much larger 180 or 200, and using the 75 as a sump. Honestly I’ve been lurking in the dark reading this forum for several months and decided to finally join and say hello. So without further ado… hello reefers!!
Welcome to R2R

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back