Hi, Reefer from the U.k

manaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd say hello from the wirral U.K ( near Liverpool), I thought I'd join this forum as I love chatting reefs and sharing knowledge with just about anyone that wants to listen . I've been in the hobby for 29 years. I've had all kinds of reefs, setups, equipment, and livestock known to man during that time. I've killed a lot of stuff and also had a lot of success. I've seen the hobby grow and mature along with the explosion of information available. Sadly although well meaning not always accurate. My current setup is a mixed reef (LPS and SPS dominant) 120 u.s gallon. It's 12 months old and I'll be putting the first accropora in, in about 3 weeks and a few other bits. The tank is pretty much automated and stable. Water changes are done at 2ml per minute with 2 stepper dosing pumps, I run my skimmer for 24 hours once a week. I auto test alk using a kamoer KH carer, lighting is 2x Radion XR15 and 1X XR30. I dose 2 part. I also dose a shelf life phyto 4 species mix. I manually dose spirulina. I run a reef factory P.H probe, titanium heaters and inkbird temp controller.

Current Livestock
Coral, Pocillopora, hystrix, montipora hirsuta, Favia, Leptosteris, various euphyllia, lobophyllia, cyphastrea, platygyra, goniastrea, goniopora, chalices.

Fish, Royal gramma, green chromis, purple tang, tomini tang, purple fire fish, flameback angel, foxface, mandarin dragnet, algae blenny, pair of occeleris clowns.

20231117_104427.jpg received_1425893218022764.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back