BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_680853599283486.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! My name is Tim and I've had freshwater aquariums pretty much continuously since 1991. My largest build was a 90 gallon planted, all DIY. I've focused on heavily planted and slightly understocked tanks in part because I have a lot of non-aquatic interests that also take time and treasure (my family of four, home remodeling, hiking, kayaking, motorcycling, traveling) and also because I don't get a lot of joy from mundane maintenance work - some might call that "lazy" :D. I like the idea of creating biological systems that mostly take care of themselves.

So, here I am on R2R learning about SW and falling down the rabbit hole. It looks like this is a great community of folks.

I haven't built out an SW tank yet, but my plan started with FO, then FOWLR, and now I'm thinking of going all-in on a reef tank using "the package" from Tampa Bay SW. Honestly, a complex community of inverts and small fish and coral interest me way more than a few larger fish - back to that self-sufficient system thing. I have space and budget for a 55 gallon. I know that tank isn't ideal - it's a dang narrow, turn it sideways and it disappears - but I've looked at some of the 55 builds on this site and it seems do-able.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to posting here in the future!

Thanks,

Tim

Greetings Tim, welcome to the R2R channel.

Back