HI758 Marine Calcium Checker Review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this review on our HI758 Marine Calcium Checker for Reefs.com

https://reefs.com/2018/02/05/hanna-instruments-hc-marine-calcium-checker-definitive-review/

The HI758 Marine Calcium Checker HC® requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and this any amount present in the water used at C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.

Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758 Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this checker and I’m concerned with my results. The variables seem pretty high to me. What if I don’t get all of the grains in from the packet? What if I put slightly more or less RODI water in the cuvette? At 100:1 concentration of RODI to sample this test seems really likely to be off.

What are the error bounds?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back