HI98108 WATERPROOF PHEP+ POCKET TESTER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased from BRS about a week ago. After reading the instructions it says if looking for a PH reading of 8 to use 7.01 and 10.01 calibration fluid. The included calibration fluid it 4.01 to 7.01. I emailed tech support and was told that it is ok to use 4.01 and 7.01 when looking for range of 8.

Is this true? I do not feel comfortable not following the manufacture instructions on how to properly calibrate this meter. Also I understand that the meter is used for other purposes, but if I buy it from a saltwater supply store wouldn't it make sense to include the proper calibration fluid?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased from BRS about a week ago. After reading the instructions it says if looking for a PH reading of 8 to use 7.01 and 10.01 calibration fluid. The included calibration fluid it 4.01 to 7.01. I emailed tech support and was told that it is ok to use 4.01 and 7.01 when looking for range of 8.

Is this true? I do not feel comfortable not following the manufacture instructions on how to properly calibrate this meter. Also I understand that the meter is used for other purposes, but if I buy it from a saltwater supply store wouldn't it make sense to include the proper calibration fluid?
Ideally you would use a calibration fluid of 7 and 10 but it should work well using 4 and 7. The change in accuracy will be very minor unless you are using it for a precise titration. It would make sense to have recommended cal fluids in the kit. I doubt BRS has any input into which fluid is included in the set but they do list the 4 and 7 calibration fluids as being what is included in the kit.

I would use the 4 and 7 and then switch to 7 and 10 when you need to replace them.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS response was that is how the package comes and they would need to open the case to put in the correct calibration solution. Which I understand would not be a solution. Maybe I am over thinking it, but I still feel if you are going to have instructions stating the correct way of doing something then that should be the way it is done.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back