Hiding tank access in wall

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building a tank into a wall with 3 sides visible, see below. I would like to have access to the top of the tank from the 3 sides, but also keep it aestically pleasing. I am thinking of hidden up-lifting hinges so the wall just pivots up on hydralics, but am having a hard time envisioning on to finish this to make it look seamless. I know this has been done before, so if anyone has ideas/pics I would greatly appreciate it. thanks,

20220617_161602.jpg

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should check out Parker's Reef on YouTube. He has a similar setup for his tank and how he configured the top panels for access might give you a few ideas.
I think I found it. The motorized hinges that lift the cabinets up? Pretty cool, but overkill. That guy is super anal..lol

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found it. The motorized hinges that lift the cabinets up? Pretty cool, but overkill. That guy is super anal..lol
Yes, it's really cool. I was thinking more the hinges for the side panels (assume this is kind of what you were after?)

OP
OP
J

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, absolutely...but I went down the rabbit hole of watching that whole video..ha. I may just slap some duct tape on and call it a day.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back